Positive E Solutions Inc. (hereinafter referred to as PES Inc.) is covered by the Personal Information Protection And Electronics Documents Act, which governs how an individual's personal information is collected, stored, used and disclosed. PES Inc. must obtain an individual's consent when collecting, using or disclosing the individual's personal information. Individuals have the right to access their personal information held by an organization and to challenge its accuracy, if need be. Personal information can only be used for the purposes for which it was collected. If an organization is going to use it for another purpose, consent must be obtained again. Personal information includes any of the following about an identifiable company or individual including but not limited to: company name, contact names, address, phone and fax numbers, credit card numbers, Provincial Sales Tax (PST) exemption numbers.
a) Information that is publicly available, such as a person's name, address, telephone number and electronic address, when listed in a directory or made available through directory assistance;
b) Business-contact information, such as the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
PES Inc. collects and stores any information that you, as a customer, provide us in order to complete an inquiry, process an order, or respond to a request for information about a product or service offered by PES Inc.. If you request that product or services be delivered to an end user customer, PES Inc. collects that information to process your request at that time and in the future.
As an individual, you have the right to access your personal information and request changes, if required. It is your legal right to choose not to provide PES Inc. with some or all of your personal information, or to deny us the use or disclosure of your information for certain purposes. Should you exercise this right, PES Inc. will not unreasonably withhold requested products and/or services; however, certain information must be provided in order to supply products or services. By providing your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information, PES Inc. can better provide you with personalized services, products and product information.
Limit Use, Disclosure And Retention of Personal Information
PES Inc. will only disclose the personal information with your express consent, unless:
a) Releasing such information is otherwise required by applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or court order or
b) PES Inc. has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) PES Inc. rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
The Privacy Officer can be reached at:
The Privacy Officer
Positive E Solutions Inc.
287 Tiffin St., Unit 11
or emailed at:
Customers may access their information by completing a Request for Personal Information form and submitting the same to the Privacy Officer at PES Inc. Requests must be in writing with appropriate identification provided.
Handling Complaints and Questions
PES Inc. will investigate all complaints and if it finds a complaint justified will try to resolve it. If necessary PES Inc. will take appropriate measures to ensure that other customers will not experience the same problem. If a customer is not satisfied with the way PES Inc. has responded to a complaint concerning their personal information, there are a variety of resources available for pursuing the customers concerns. If a customer is not satisfied that PES Inc. is operating in compliance with the requirements of this code, the customer may file a written complaint with the Commissioner at the following address:
Federal Privacy Commissioner
112 Kent St.
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376
Website Privacy Details
We believe that your personal information deserves protection. While you can visit PositiveESolutions.com (the “Web Site”) without registering or providing any personal information, you will need to register if you want to make a purchase. (As noted in the Legal Statement on the Web Site, except where stated otherwise, the term "PES" used on the Web Site shall be deemed to include Positive E Solutions Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns.)
What does PES use your personal information for?
- To build your account with PES. To process your orders. To personalize the delivery of contents to you. In addition, we require some information (your name and e-mail address) when you submit a Reader Review. These reviews are accessible to all site visitors - if you don't want your comments to be viewed by all visitors, don't submit them. PES reserves the right to edit or remove any Reviews that are deemed, in our sole discretion, to be offensive, illegal, or inappropriate in any way for the Web Site. PES also reserves the right to remove any submissions that it deems to be off-topic.
- PES may also use personal account information and data collected through your personal identification to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and advertisers. These statistics and aggregate reports will not contain any personally identifiable information. Your identity is kept anonymous.
How does PES protect your personal information?
- When you provide us with personal information or place an order, it’s done through a secure server or by telephone contact. One of today’s most advanced security systems - Secure Socket Layers (SSL) - encrypts all information you provide before sending it to our own server. Only when it reaches the PES servers is your information decrypted.
Does PES use “Cookies”?
Does PES disclose personal customer information to anyone other than PES?
- Users' non-aggregated specific personal information is not currently sold, rented or made available to anyone other than PES, but we may decide to do so in the future. If this were to happen, PES would announce such a plan and ask you to "opt in". By default, we'd assume that you don't want in - if you wanted to share your personal information, you would have to respond. In the absence of such a response, your information would not be shared with anyone other than PES.
- PES reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial and national officials in any investigation requiring either personal information -- including any personal information provided online through PositiveESolutions.com -- or reports about lawful or unlawful user activities on the Web Site.
Domain Owner & Resellers should be aware of the following:
Effective June 10th, 2008, the .ca public WHOIS will no longer provide personal information for individual domain name registrants. Registrant information for domains registered to corporations will still be provided.
Registrant information will still be available within the Reseller Web Interface.
Resellers CANNOT reveal personal information under the new legislation, unless it is confirmed that they are communicating with the Registrant, or their Administrative contact.